Ha Tien is well-known for it famous destinations like: Mui Nai, Hon Phu Tu, Thach Dong.. etc. It’s also known as a small Vietnam due to its diversity in ecology. There are many documents and artiles on the internet giving information about Ha Tien and Ha Tien top destinations or Ha Tien attractions. In this article, we’d like to write a little bit more or giving more information for those who like to know more about Ha Tien and planning to visit someday.
Ha Tien is part of Kien Giang province. Its only 100km away from Rach Gia city. So It’s one of Mekong Delta top destinations for a very long time. Unlike other parts of the Mekong Delta, for example, Can Tho City has only some floating markets and fruit gardens. Ha Tien has eco system diversity like : Rivers, beachs, mountains, forest…etc. That is while the red headed crane coming to Ha Tien during rainy season recently. Even those Ha Tien is located on the gulf of Thailand the sea water is always calm.
There are some interesting facts about Ha Tien that you should know:
- Ha Tien shares border with Chau Doc province. It takes about 2 hours to get to Chau Doc from Ha Tien.
- Ha Tien has an international gate where you can cross to Cambodia in just matter of minutes.
- You can get to Phu Quoc island or Nam Du island from Ha Tien and it takes you there faster than from Rach Gia mainland. It also costs cheaper for a ferry ticket from Ha Tien to Phu Quoc.
- Ha Tien was founded by a chinese man named Mac Cuu who is worship by the local people and has his statue at Ha Tien Park before you get to Ha Tien.
How to get to Ha Tien ?
- If you are in Rach Gia City, takes a bus to Ha Tien which takes about 2 hours to get to Ha Tien
- If you are in Phu Quoc island, take a ferry to get to Ha Tien
- If you are in Chau Doc, take a bus to Ha Tien it takes about 2 hours to get to Ha Tien.
- If you are in Sai Gon, You should take a bus to Chau Doc or Rach Gia. From there, take another bus to Ha Tien.
What to see in Ha Tien?
- Ha Tien attractions
- Ha Tien top destinations: Mui Nai beach, Thach Dong, Van Hoa Temple which is located at a seaside, Hang pagoda, Father and son island and there are many islands in Ha Tien. Moso cave.. etc
- If you are looking to find some where to see Stalactite in Mekong Delta, You are in the right direction. There are many beautiful caves that you can see Stalactite like: Da Dung mountain, Chua Hang. From Chua Hang you should buy tickets to get on a boat trip. They will take you to a beautiful cave there to see Stalactite.
You can watch the video below to see how it is:
Where to stay:
- Stay at Ha Tien center for easy access to night market, restaurants, markets.
- If you want a seaside hotel then you should stay at Hon Chong resort. If you want to find a cheaper places then Doi Xanh resort is your choice.
What and where to eat:
- If you are stay in Ha Tien center, you can eat at Hien Restaurant or at night market.
- Eat seafoods: they are fresh and alive. Some seafoods are very cheap there. Oysters are cheap, only about 1.5 – 2$ per KG.
- you should try mantis shrimps. They are delicious and not expensive like Phu Quoc. It’s only about 25$/kg compared to 100$-120$ /kg in Phu Quoc island.
Any questions? Please contact us.